Yield: 2 servings
- 4-6 lengths of beef marrow bones
- Kosher salt
- 6-8 slices French bread or baguette
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup very coarsley chopped parsley
- 1 small shallot, sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
2. Brush bread slices with olive oil on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. (These can go in the oven along with the bones.) Remove and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss the parsley, shallot and capers with the lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Adjust seasoning, adding more oil or lemon juice if necessary. The salad should be very lightly dressed and fairly tart.
4. To serve, use a small spreader to scoop out a tablespoon or so of marrow and spread onto a crostini. Top with a pinch of the parsley salad and sprinkle with kosher salt. Repeat with remaining crostini, marrow and salad.