I came up with this slight variation on the Margarita when I had a bag of tangerines to use up. This makes a pretty tart drink; if you like yours a little sweeter, add another 1/4 ounce of triple sec. For a balanced drink, it's important to use silver tequila made from 100 percent blue agave. You can serve it on the rocks, but we prefer it served up in a cocktail glass.
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 ounces tequila (we like “1800” brand 100-proof tequila)
- 1 ounce Cointreau or other high quality triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh tangerine juice
1. If you like, coat the rims of two cocktail glasses with salt. Rimmed or not, chill the glasses.
2. Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake hard. Strain out into the chilled glasses.