Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 brownies.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt*
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder*
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 6 x 6 inch baking dish/pan or a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat, cool, then whisk in egg and vanilla.
4. Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture. Scrape into baking dish.
2. Bake 25 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.
*Note: I just use a big pinch.