Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb. steak (tenderloin is best); partially frozen
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 1 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano (or other hard Italian cheese)
1. Whisk together mustard, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper.
2. Slice the steak as thin as possible (this is much easier if it's partially frozen or use an electric knife).
3. Arrange arugula on two plates, top with beef slices, and lightly season with a good sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
4. Garnish with shavings of Parmigiano, then sprinkle lightly with vinaigrette.