Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 8 oz. ground lamb
- 8 oz. ground chuck
- 1/2 sm. onion; finely chopped
- 1 lg. clove garlic; finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with your hands, squeezing and kneading to combine thoroughly.
2. Pinch off a small piece, fry it, and taste to adjust seasonings.
3. Form mixture into 4 sausage-shaped rolls about 1 inch in diameter and 4 to five inches long.
4. Arrange on a lightly oiled platter or large plate, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours.
5. Build a hot fire, oil the grate, and cook, turning with a spatula, until browned and cooked through; 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately with mustard.
If you like these, you can find additional eastern European recipes at About's East European Food site.