Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 lb. sm. waxy potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 md. carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
- 3 oz. Gruyere, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, or parsley)
- 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a small baking dish.
3. Cook potatoes and carrots in boiling water until just barely tender.
4. Arrange a layer of potatoes and carrots in the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, sprinkle with a tablespoon of herbs, sprinkle with a third of the cheese.
5. Repeat for two more layers. Add chicken broth.
6. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 10 minutes until cheese begins to brown.