Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 cup coarsely-mashed baking potatoes*
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter; separated
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion (I like green onion and reserve the tops for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup finely ground dried bread crumbs
1. Mix potatoes, 1 tablespoon butter, onion, flour, mustard and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. (Note: Leave the potatoes slightly chunky, but only slightly.)
2. hape potato mix into pancakes - two or four as you prefer - about 1/2-inch thick. Then dredge in bread crumbs.
3. Refrigerate, covered, for 1/2 to 1 hour.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add butter and swirl to melt.
5. Fry pancakes on each side until well browned.