Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 apples; peeled, cored and coarsley chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter; at room temperature
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- *** Icing ***
- 4 ounces mascarpone; at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Fra Angelica (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 8 pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
3. In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter. Beat in ricotta and then the egg.
4. Stir in flour mixture, then mix in chopped apples.
5. Bake in center of oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown. Place on a wire rack and cool for two hours.
6. Meanwhile, beat toether mascarpone, sugar, and Fra Angelica.
7. When cake has cooled, top with icing and serve.