Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- *** Filling ***
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 /1/2 Tbsp. tapioca
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Sugar to taste
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- *** Coconut Streusel Topping ***
- 1/2 cup basic crisp streusel topping (see link below)
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and drain blueberries and pick through discarding any un-ripe or crushed berries and removing any stems.
3. If you can, process tapioca in a mini food processor to make a powder. This is optional but produces a smoother result.
4. Taste berries to determine sweetness and add 1 - 2 tablespoons of sugar to filling according to your taste.
5. In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients except butter.
6. Distribute filling between two 1-cup baking/souffle dishes. (I have a particular fondness for Emile Henry bakeware because it's so durable.)
7. Embed 1 tablespoon of butter in each dish of berries.
8. I like to pulse the coconut two or three times in my mini food processor, but that's not required.
9. Combine topping mix with coconut and divide evenly over berries.
10. Bake in center of oven until berries are bubbling and topping is brown, about 25 minutes.