Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1/4 cup coconut
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Cream butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
3. Sift flour with baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture. Add vanilla extract, oats, cornflakes, and coconut and stir until blended.
4. Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten to 3-inch diameter. (Use square of wax paper to keep dough from sticking to fingers or whatever you're using to flatten dough.) For small cookies, drop by rounded teaspoon. Do not flatten.
5a. Bake larger cookies at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be slightly soft when removed from oven. OR
5b. Bake smaller cookies at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.