Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 lb. strawberries
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Amaretto; divided
- 4 oz. mascarpone; at room temperature*
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
1. Remove strawberry caps and cut strawberries up into roughly thumbnail-sized pieces.
2. Taste a couple of pieces and toss berries in a medium bowl with 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar depending on desired sweetness. Add 2 tablespoons of Amaretto.
3. Cover berries and allow to sit for 4 - 8 hours to draw our juices (macerate).
4. In a small bowl thoroughly combine mascarpone, heavy cream, and 1 tablespoon of Amaretto.
5. Once strawberries have macerated, process about 1/4 cup of berries in a mini food processor or blender (I love my immersion blender for this task) with 1 tablespoon of Amaretto.
6. Strain strawberry puree through a sieve to remove seeds.
7. Cook puff pastry according to package directions.
8. Remove pastry cap and add a teaspoon of puree to the cup. Put a teaspoon of mascarpone in the cup, add a few berries, add a bit more mascarpone, replace cap, add a bit more mascarpone and a few more berries, then drizzle with puree.
*Note: If you can't find mascarpone, cream cheese is an option and so is yogurt cheese.