Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries (preferably locally grown); stemmed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Fra Angelica (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, sifted
- Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and lightly flour a 9 X 9 baking dish.
2. If strawberries are large, cut in half (in that case you made need a few more to make up 2 cups).
3. Beat together the eggs, milk, sugar, Fra Angelica, vanilla extract, and salt until well blended.
4. Beat in the flour.
5. Pour into the baking dish and add strawberries.
6. Bake 45 minutes to an hour until puffed and brown.
7. Cool for 15 minutes (the quiche will fall somewhat) then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.