Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 trout fillets
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb mix
- 1/2 tsp. Spanish paprika*
- 1/2 cup white wine or vermouth
- 1 sm. shallot; finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. usalted butter
- 2 tsp. capers
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
1. Turn on broiler and place rack in top position.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then brush both sides of fillets with olive oil, place skin-side down and sprinkle with Italian herb mix, paprika, and a bit of salt.
3. Place in oven and cook for about 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat wine, lemon juice, and shallots in a small pan over medium-high heat.
5. Reduce wine to about a tablespoon, add cream and continue cooking over medium-high heat for about a minute.
6. Remove from heat and stir in butter, capers, salt, and white pepper. Pour over fillets.
*Note 1: Spanish paprika can be found in some upscale supermarkets and in cooking stores. Learn more about it here...
Note 2: Here's a tutorial on making pan sauces.