Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked crab; picked over
- 6 spears asparagus; woody ends trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 puff pastry shells
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 md. shallot; sliced
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
1. Cook pastry shells according to package directions.
2. Cook asparagus pieces until tender. Shock in cold water to stop cooking.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook two minutes.
4. Add clam juice and reduce by half.
5. Add wine and brandy and reduce liquid by half.
6. Add cream, salt and cayenne and reduce by half. Add crab and asparagus and heat thoroughly.
7. Spoon into shells and serve.