Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 lb. crab; picked over
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs; divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper; finely chopped
- 1/2 lime; juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp. butter
1. Combine all ingredients except 1/3 cup bread crumbs and butter in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Form mixture into four patties on a sheet of waxed paper.
3. Sprinkle with half of remaining bread crumbs and pat.
4. Turn patties over and coat side and edges with remaining bread crumbs.
5. Refrigerate patties for at least 30 minutes and, if tightly covered as long as overnight.
6. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and swirl to melt.
7. Cook patties until browned on one side, about 3 minutes, flip and cook until the other side is browned.
Note: I like serving these topped with Romesco Sauce.