Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Yield: Serves 2.
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 lb. squid (bodies and tentacles) - cleaned
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
2. Cut squid bodies crosswise into 1/4-inch rings.
3. Combine flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a zippered bag.
4. Toss 1/2 squid in the bag until well floured then spread on a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining squid.
5. Cook squid for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in the oil then drain on a paper towel. The squid won't really brown in that short time but it will crisp up nicely.
6. Lightly salt, plate and serve with lemon wedges.