Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 6-oz. trout fillets, pin bones removed*
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Fines Herbes (you can find this mixture in the spice section at your grocers)**
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
1. Set oven to broil and place a rack on the top level.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush it with olive oil.
3. Lay filets skin-side down on the baking sheet.
4. Brush filets with olive oil, sprinkle each with Fines Herbes, and dust lightly with a pinch of Kosher salt.
5. Broil on top rack for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes (5 to 6 minutes for salmon filets) depending on thickness.
Serve with a couple of lemon quarters
*Note: You can find any pin bones by placing the flat of your index finger at the top of the filet in the thickest part and pulling it toward the tail. I use a small set of needle-nose pliers to remove these bones.
**Note: I particularly like the tarragon in the Fines Herbes mixture with the trout, but Herbes de Provence and Italian herb mixtures are also good.