Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 6-oz. salmon filets
- 1/2 cup Dilled Mayonnaise
1. Carefully run your finger up the center of the filet (against the grain) and if you find any pin bones pull them out with a small pair of needle-nosed pliers.
2. Lightly spread mayo on both sides of the filets. Set aside.
3. Heat the grill (or grill pan) to medium heat for charcoal and medium-high heat if using a grill pan.
4. Place the filets, flesh-side down, on the grill at a diagonal angle and grill for 3 1/2 minutes.
5. Using a very thin, wide spatula, rotate each filet 1/2 turn (flesh-side down) and cook another 3 1/2 minutes. This produces that lovely crosshatch pattern.
6. Turn filets over (skin-side down) and cook another 3 - 4 minutes depending on how thick the filets are.
7. Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise and a sprig of dill.