Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: Makes 6.
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/3 cup cold whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add Bisquick to a medium bowl along with butter, then, using a pastry cutter, knives or a fork, cut butter into mix. You should end up with flecks of butter about the size of rice grains.
3. Add cheddar cheese 1/8 teaspoon garlic and stir.
4. Add milk and mix in with a fork until a thick dough forms.
5. Drop approximately 1/4-cup portions of the dough onto baking sheet (a small ice cream scoop works great for this).
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
7. Melt 1 tablespoon of salted butter then stir in garlic powder and parsley flakes. Brush melted butter on biscuits.