Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter; at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 apple
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter; cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. shortening; cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease a 7" springform pan with butter and dust with flour.Streusel/Filling:
2. Peel and finely chop apple and toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Place remaining streusel ingredients (except pecans) in a food processor. Add butter and shortening. Pulse about 10 times then process for 5 to 10 seconds until there are no visible lumps of fat.Cake:
4. Mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a medium bowl.
5. Using an electric hand mixer or the paddle attachment on a stand mixer beat butter for about 30 seconds, then beat in granulated sugar.
6. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
7. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to batter. Mix on low speed after each addition until combined. Note: this batter will be rather thick and stiff.
8. Spread 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the pan.
9. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the streusel mixture and apples.
10. Spoon remaining batter over apples. It will not spread smoothly so be gentle and use dollops of batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping and nuts.
11. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool at least 1 hour on a wire rack.