Yield: 2 servings
- 3 ounces dry London gin (we use Beefeater)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see note)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) raspberry sauce
- 1 egg white
1. Place all ingredients except ice in a cocktail shaker. If you have an immersion (stick) blender, you can use it to mix the ingredients and froth the egg white. If not, place the cover on the shaker and shake very hard for a couple of minutes.
2. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and shake again for a minute or two.
3. Strain into two chilled cocktail glasses.
4. If desired, garnish with two or three raspberries on a cocktail pick.
- For simple syrup, mix equal parts water and granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved and mixture just comes to the boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- From what I've read, the original Clover Club was made with raspberry syrup, but over the years as raspberry syrup became less common in bars, many recipes have come to call for grenadine. I much prefer the raspberry version.