Special Occasions - Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Holidays for Two
By Janet A. Zimmerman, About.com Guide
The entree is the foundation of every fancy meal. Some of these recipes are simple and easy, albeit as fancy as one could hope for, while others are more complicated and time-consuming. And the most complicated have detailed instructions below under Spectacular Specialties.
- Beef Wellington: Elegant, Easy, Exceptional
- Greek Veal Scaloppini
- Crab and Asparagus in Puff Pastry
- Salmon in Parchment (en papillote)
- Pork Medallions with Apple Cream Sauce
Although the entrée is a meal's foundation, the side dishes, appetizers, and desserts are essential to a perfect meal - much less a celebration. Hopefully you'll find both recipes and ideas here for rounding out your private feast.
- An Italian Easter Feast for Two
- Valentine's Day Menu for Two
- Happy Anniversary: Celebrate Your Day
- They Say it's Your Birthday
Special occasions are a great opportunity for exercising your plating skills. I always consider garnishes, colors, and textures when planning such a meal. But sometimes the entrée alone is so over-the-top that little garnishment is needed. Here are a couple of techniques for such entrees.