This recipe is my version of the olive mix served on the famous New Orleans Mufaletta sandwich. I think it's even better than the version used at Central Grocery where it was invented. But don't take my word for it, I've had at least two students in cooking classes tell me the same thing. Ideally it should be made a day in advance to give the flavors time to meld. This recipe makes a lot, but if kept sealed in a jar in the refrigerator it will keep for months.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables)
- 2 lg. pepperoncini
- 3 - 4 pickled onions
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 md. clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- A couple of grinds of blackpepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Drain all ingredients.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
3. Refrigerate overnight.