Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 halves.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs; sliced in half, lengthwise and yolks and whites separated (see Tip: Perfect Hard-boiled Eggs)
- 4 cherry tomatoes; cut in half
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. hot paprika
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. lemon vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. real bacon bits*v
1. Place one half of a cherry tomato in the cup of an egg white.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients except bacon.
3. Add egg yolks to the mayonnaise mixture and whip. Stir in bacon bits.
At this point you can simply use a spoon to fill the cups in the whites with the yolk mixture but here's a nice trick:
4. Spoon the yolk mixture into a 1 quart plastic bag.
5. Cut off a bottom corner to make a small opening.
6. Squeeze the yolks into the whites. (This is called piping.)
*Note 1: Real bacon bits, made by Hormel, should be available next to fake bacon in the salad dressing section in your supermarket.
Note 2: Using a plastic bag for the yolk mixture is also a great way to transport stuffed eggs without having them roll around on each other. Simply keep the whites and yolk mixture in separate bags until you get there, then arrange the whites on a plate and pipe in the yolks just before serving.