Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 tsp. dried (rubbed) sage
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb. gruyere; shredded
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Measure Bisquick into a large bowl and thoroughly mix with sage.
3. Add small pinches of sausage (about the size of the tip of your little finger) to the Bisquick, stirring often to coat the sausage so it won't clump together.
4. Add shredded cheese and mix thoroughly. (Note: I use my KA Stand Mixer with the paddle blade to do the mixing.)
5. Form mixture into 1-inch diameter balls and place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly browned.