Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 lb. country sausage
- 1 egg; lightly beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 pkg. puff pastry (one sheet); thawed according to package directions
1. Heat oven to 450F.
2. Cut pastry into thirds along creases, then cut each third in half.
3. You will have 6 rectangles about 4"x6". (You may need to roll out some of the rectangles to increase the size.)
4. Divide sausage into 6 equal patties, then form each patty into a 6" log by rolling it between your hands.
5. Wrap each sausage log in pastry rectangle using the egg wash to seal the seam. Using a sharp knife, score the top of each roll.
6. Bake on center rack for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 400F, and cook another 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.