Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz. leftover roast chicken, pork or beef; cut into strips
- 8 oz. mushrooms; sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter; separated
- 1/2 sm. onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup wine (use red for beef and white for chicken or pork)
- 1/2 cup stock or broth (use beef for beef and chicken for chicken or pork)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz. egg noodles
1. Put a pot of water on high and when it boils, add egg noodles and cook per package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, add mushrooms to a large, dry, non-stick skillet and sprinkle with salt.
3. Cook over medium-high heat and cook until mushrooms begin to brown and give up their liquid (about 6 minutes). Turn mushrooms, sprinkle with thyme, and add 1 tablespoon butter. Cook until browned - about 3 minutes. Scoop mushrooms onto a plate.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter, onions and tomato paste and cook until translucent, stirring frequently - about 5 minutes.
5. Return mushrooms to skillet and add wine. Increase heat to medium high and cook until wine is reduced by half - 5 minutes. Add broth and cook five minutes more.
6. Reduce heat to low, add meat, and simmer 5 minutes more.
7. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream, taste and adjust seasonings. Serve over noodles.
Note: This is also excellent served over rice.