Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serve 2 - 3.
- 1 link (4 oz) fresh chorizo; cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 md. onion; chopped
- 1/4 sm. green bell pepper; seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper; seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; sliced
- 1/2 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican orgegano
- Salt to taste
- 1 cups shredded cheddar; divided
1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. Brown sausage in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and set aside.
3. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and lightly brown. Stir in garlic and jalopeno and cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes and simmer, stirring, uncovered until mixture begins to dry.
4. Combine sausage, vegetables, spices, rice, and 1/2 cup cheese in a bowl then scoop into an 8 x 4 loaf pan.
5. Top with remaining cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until cheese begins to brown.