Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/4 lb. (1 link) Italian sausage; cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 6 sm. red potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 md. bell pepper; cut into 1/2-inch cubes*
- 1/2 sm. yellow onion; coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Brown sausage in a heavy skillet (I use cast iron) over medium heat. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
2. Reduce heat to low, add potatoes, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Remove cover and turn potatoes to an uncooked side. Cook 10 minutes.
4. Turn and cook 10 minutes more.
5. Turn again, add onion, bell pepper and sausage and cook a last 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
*You can use red, green, yellow, or orange bell pepper.