Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano or 1/2 Tbsp. fresh
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 md. potato; cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-inch length of dried Spanish chorizo*; chopped
- 1 garlic clove; finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. shredded manchego**
1. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Turn on broiler and position a rack at the top.
3. Heat oil in a medium, oven-proof, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until browned, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and chorizo to skillet and cook 1 minute longer.
5. Add eggs and cook folding up edges of tortilla to allow uncooked egg to run underneath. About 3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle cheese over tortilla and place under broiler until eggs as just done and cheese melts.
Garnish with chopped basil.
*Don't substitute Mexican chorizo, it's a completely different sausage. You can probably find it at Whole Foods or a similar store, but if you can't find Spanish chorizo just skip it.
**Manchego is a Spanish sheep's milk cheese. Again, you can probably find it at Whole Foods or a specialty cheese shop. Gruyere makes a decent substitute.