Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Serves 2.
1. Fold the narrow end of the tenderloin back over itself to produce a roast with consistent dimensions and tie in a two or three places with water-soaked twine.
2. Rub the jerk seasoning into the meat and let it sit on the counter for 1 hour.
3. In the meantime make the gastrique. The sweetness and tang is a great complement to the spiciness of the jerk seasoning.
4. Build a two-layer fire.
5. Quickly sear the tenderloin over direct heat and then move off the heat and lower the lid. Cook to an internal temperature of 140 degrees (about 15 minutes).
6. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.