This recipe for pork burgers is, without doubt, one of the best recipes I've ever come up with - even though a friend of mine claims burgers can only be made from beef and so these are actually sausage. Whatever they are, they're amazingly good combining ground pork with bacon, onion, and parmesan cheese. I usually serve them with homemade garlic/pepper buns, but a commercial bun, or even a kaiser roll, would work well. Add your favorite condiments and you're in, well, pig heaven. (Larger image
.) Makes 3.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 oz. parmesan cheese -- shredded (not grated), about 3 Tbsp.
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
1. Dice bacon into 1/4 inch pieces.
2. Mix all ingredients together (hands work best).
3. Form into 3 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Grill over medium heat for 5 - 6 minutes per side.
Tips for Better Burgers