Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 4-oz. boneless pork loin chops; trimmed of fat
- Rubbed sage, paprika, salt, black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg; beaten in pie plate
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon; cut in half
1. Pound chop to about 1/4" thick and season generously with sage, paprika, salt, and pepper.*
2. Add oil to a non-stick skillet and heat over medium high heat until oil shimmers.
3. Dredge the chops in the flour, coat with egg, and thoroughly coat with bread crumbs.** Set chop aside.
4. Fry chop on each side until golden and crisp (about 2 minutes per side). Serve immediately with a lemon wedge.
The cutlets are great with these Glazed Carrots with Mint and Lemon.
*Note: seasoning the pork directly is much more effective than seasoning the flour and or seasoning the bread crumbs alone.
**Note: Flour will adhere to the meat. The egg will adhere to the flour. And the bread crumbs will adhere to the egg.