Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4" thick medallions (filets)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. Calvados (or any apple brandy)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oven to 200F.
2) Season pork medallions generously with salt and pepper.
3) Heat oil in a medium skillet (not non-stick) over medium heat. Add pork and cook on each side until browned, about three minutes per side. Place medallions on a plate in the oven.
4) Melt butter in skillet. Add shallots, apples, sage, and rosemary and sautee until browned. Add Calvados and chicken stock and deglaze pan. Reduce liquid by 1/3.
5) Add cream and reduce to desired consistency. Divide pork between plates and spoon apples and sauce over the top.
Note: Here's a tutorial on making pan sauces.