Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 2 lb. bone-in pork shoulder
- 3-5 cloves garlic; sliced
- 2 oranges; juiced
- 1 lg. lime; juiced
- 1 sm. onion; peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or a couple of sprigs fresh oregano
1. Using a small knife, cut slits all over the roast and stuff slits with garlic slices.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in a gallon zippered bag and add roast.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least three hours or overnight, turning occasionally to make sure the entire roast is marinated.
4. Heat oven to 475 degrees.
5. Place the roast fat-side-up in a pan and pour in the marinade. The liquid should be about 3/4-inch in depth, if not add some water.
6. Cook roast in the center of the oven for 30 - 45 minutes until well-browned.
7. Cover with foil and reduce heat to 250.
8. Continue cooking for 4 hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is always liquid in the pan.
9. Allow roast to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve drizzled with juices.