Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 limes; zested and juiced*
- 1 tsp chile powder**
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic; crushed
- 2 tsp. salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a zippered plastic bag and shake to mix well.
2. Refrigerate chicken for 8 to 12 hours, occasionally shaking to redistribute marinade.
3. Remove chicken for bag and pat dry with paper towels. (Discard marinade.)
4. Grill chicken over medium high heat for about 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve with salsa over Mexican rice.
*Note: You need about 1/4 cup of lime juice so more limes might be needed.
**Recipe for chile powder is here.