Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs; cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves; finely chopped
- Moorish spice mixture (see below)
- 4 green onions; cut into 1/2" lengths
- 8 - 10 cherry tomatoes; cut in half
- 1/4 cup yogurt
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add spices and cook, stirring, for about two minutes. This allows the spice flavors to "bloom."
3. Add chicken and brown on all sides; 7 - 8 minutes.
4. Stir in garlic, onions, and tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer.
5. Stir in yogurt, remove from heat, cover, and let rest for 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Stuff into pita. Fills two pita halves.
Note: Asparagus Vinaigrette is a great side dish with this.