Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 Cornish game hen
- 2 Tbsp. butter; melted
- 1/2 lemon, cut in half
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence (available in the spice section at your grocers)
- Pinch of Kosher salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Thoroughly dry hen with a towel or paper towel.
3. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Herbes de Provence into hen's cavity, then stuff with lemon quarters.
4. Place hen on a rack in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan.
5. Brush hen thoroughly with melted butter, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Herbes de Provence and salt.
6. Cook in center of oven for about 40 minutes (until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the inside of the thigh registers 160 degrees). Rotate pan front to back halfway through cooking.
7. Remove from oven, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Cut in half and serve.
Note: This recipe is even better when stuffed with Mushroom & Sausage Pilaf. If you make the rice as a stuffing, be sure to chill it to 40 degrees before stuffing the hen and make sure the center of the stuffing reaches 160 degrees before removing from the oven.