Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 2.
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast; cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1/4 md. red bell pepper; cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 md. Spanish onion; cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 8-oz. can pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
1. Whisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a small, lidded skillet over medium high heat.
3. Whisk together cornstarch and soy sauce and coat chicken thoroughly.
4. Brown chicken in skillet on all sides. Stir in water, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add pepper and onion and cook, covered, an additional 10 minutes.
7. Add pineapple chunks and sauce mix and cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.