Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings.
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. sugar (depending on how sweet the fruit is)
- 2 Tbsp. Amaretto or 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
1. Chill a large metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator
2. Coarsely chop 3 1/2 peaches and cut the remaining half into slices for garnish into a medium bowl. Toss with sugar and Amaretto or almond extract and cover. Rest for 1 to 3 hours.
3. Set peach slices aside and either mash or puree the chopped peaches.
4. Whip the cream in the chilled bowl (chilling the bowl helps the cream whip up) then fold 1/3 of the cream into peaches. Fold peach/cream mixture back into remaining whipped cream.
Serve garnished with peach slices.
Note: This particular peeler has serrated edges and is perfect for peeling some fruits like peaches, plums, and tomatoes.