- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium Gala, Braeburn or similar apple, cored and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped celery leaves (pale yellow ones only), optional
- 1 ounce aged Cheddar cheese, shaved
- 3 tablespoons sweet and spicy walnuts (or substitute plain toasted walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- Pinch granulated sugar
2. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over apples and celery. Toss again.
3. To serve, divide the salad between two plates. Top each plate with half the shaved cheese and walnuts.