Yield: 2 Servings
- 3 to 4 ounces bacon (2-3 thick slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3-4 cups bitter greens such as arugula or mixed salad greens
2. To poach the eggs, follow the instructions here. Place the cooked eggs on a warm plate while you finish the salad.
3. If necessary, turn the heat back on under the bacon fat to warm it up. Whisk the vinegar into the warm bacon fat. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
4. Toss the greens and about half of the bacon with the warm dressing. Divide the salad between two plates and top each salad with a poached egg. Sprinkle the remaining bacon over the salads.