Yield: 2 servings
- 1 7.75-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1/4 medium pepper)
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery (about 1/2 small stalk)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2. While the chickpeas are simmering, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Drain the chickpeas and place in a medium sized bowl. Pour the dressing over them and toss gently. Let cool to room temperature.
4. When cool, add the chopped vegetables and herbs. Toss gently and adjust seasoning.