Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/4 small fennel bulb
- 1 large celery rib
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds fresh black pepper
2. Trim any tough or damaged ribs off the fennel. Preferably using a mandoline, shave the fennel into very thin slices. You should have about a cup of shaved fennel.
3. Trim the celery and remove any thick strings from the sides and back. Using the mandoline, shave the celery into very thin slices. You should have about 1/2 cup celery slices.
4. Pour the vinegar and oil into a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Add the salt and pepper and shake hard until thoroughly combined.
5. Drain the water from the onion slices and dry them in a paper towel. Add the onion, fennel, celery and parsley to a small bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss. Adjust seasoning.