Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lg. tomato; sliced
- Sea salt
- 1 oz. feta cheese; crumbled
- 6 lg. fresh basil leaves; chiffonade*
- 2 Tbsp. excellent olive oil
- 1/2 lemon; juiced
- Greek olives (optional)
1. Arrange tomatoes on a plate.
2. Sprinkle with sea salt (this provides not only saltiness, but a pleasant crunch).
3. Distribute cheese over the tomatoes then the basil and then the olives if you're using them.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
*Note: Chiffonade is thin strips of an herb. Roll up a half dozen leaves length-wise like a small cigar then slice thinly crosswise.