This is an excellent dinner salad ready in 10 minutes. I usually serve it on a bed of lettuce and sometimes I'll add a few pitted olives or crumbled feta. It also good served in pita bread or stuffed in a tomato. My preference is for tuna packed in olive oil because I think it tastes better than tuna packed in water, but it's entirely up to you. (Larger image.) Serves 2.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 2.
- 1 6-oz. cans chunk light tuna; drained
- 1/2 15-oz. can chick peas; drained and rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes; halved
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.