Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- *** Sandwich ***
- 1 8-inch French baguette
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce (available in the Asian food section of most markets)
- 1 roasted chicken breast (I usually buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocers)
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh jalapeno or serrano peppers (optional)
- *** Pickled Daikon and Carrots ***
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 4-inch daikon radish, peeled and cut into very thin strips
- 1 4-inch carrot, peeled and cut into very thin strips
1. Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk to dissolve sugar.
2.Add daikon and carrot and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Cut baguette in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with chile garlic sauce, top with remaining ingredients and cut crosswise into 2 sandwiches.
Readers Respond: Name that sandwich...
Sandwiches, in their various forms, are popular around the world whether it's a Gyro in Greece, a Muffaletta in New Orleans, or a Bahn Mi in Vietnam. What's your favorite sandwich and where's it from? Click here to share your favorite.