- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 slice white bread; crusts removed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. jerk seasoning*
1. Tear bread into small pieces and soak in lime juice. Then mash into a paste.**
2. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together with your hands.
3. Form meat mixture into patties and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, covered.
4. Prepare a hot fire in the grill and cook burgers for 4 - 5 minutes per side for well done.*Recipe for Jerk Seasoning.
**Note: This is known as a panade and both helps hold the meat together and keeps the burgers moist. Here are some more tips for better burgers.