Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 md. leeks, white parts only; washed well and sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 md. potatoes; peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Garnish with chopped chives
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over low heat, add the leeks, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they are golden.
2. Add the stock, potatoes, and salt and bring to a simmer.
3. Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
4. Puree in a blender or food processor, then press through a sieve to get a very fine texture.
5. Return to the saucepan, add the milk and pepper, and bring to a simmer.
6. Remove from heat, stir in the cream, taste, and adjust the seasoning (cold soups should be slightly over-seasoned), and chill overnight.