Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground mustard seed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 12 oz. porter or other dark beer
1. Heat oven to 400F. Grease an 9 x 5 loaf pan*.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. Add beer and mix until just blended then spoon into pan.
4. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
*Note: For years I got along with cheap loaf pans, and then a friend (a professional baker) told me to get some commercial-grade pans so I bought some Chicago Metallic pans. The result was a better external crumb, a higher oven rise (oven spring), and a more open crumb (particularly with yeast breads). I wouldn't have thought the pan I used could make such a difference - but it did (compare prices).